A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Thursday, August 13, 2015

These Photos Were Taken A Split Second Apart

It seems like it's pretty common nowadays to find similar looking photos on different cards.  This can be blamed on having limited photos of a retired player, or Topps just being lazy and not even trying.

In the 90's, it was pretty rare to find, at least for me.  Every once in a while, you might see it on a pair of cards who were produced by a related brand, but I didn't see it too much, really.

That's why these two Dan Walters cards stuck out so much to me.  Judging by the arm angle of the throw, I'd say that the '93 Leaf card on the left is towards the beginning of the throw, while the back of the '93 Upper Deck card is getting closer to the release point.  As far as a I know, Leaf and Upper Deck were not owned by the same company, though since they're not identical shots, I guess it doesn't really matter.

They're not the same.  But they're close.

2 comments:

  1. Gotta ask. How did you stumble across this find? Do you sort your Padres by player's last name and notice it while sifting through your Walters?

    ReplyDelete