A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Sunday, August 23, 2015

New Cards, Part 3

Alright, so I'm in a major time crunch - TOMORROW IS THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!

It's been a busy week of trying to get classroom-setup stuff done, on top of all the regular "beginning of the year" things that school districts have to do.  I still probably have one "New Cards" post, highlighting my most recent Just Commons pickups, but by the time I get around to it, calling them "New Cards" will probably be a bit of a stretch.

Still, I press on!  After the first two and a half years on this blog, I was posting on a pretty solid, regular basis, blogging 199 times in 2012 (first post was in April), 315 times in 2013, and 223 times in 2014.  While the drop off in production doesn't really bother me too much, I was really hoping to get back into the high 100s or low 200s this year, but my current posting for the year is 62, so at this rate, I'll be lucky to hit triple digits.

I blog for the love, not the numbers, but I like looking at the numbers.

Anyways, onto the new cards!

Alright, maybe a lot of buildup for just showing off a pair of cards, but I really like looking at these side by side.  I can't believe that I did a "Best Padre Cards of the 90's" before I even had a copy of Bip's "sombrero card"!  That seems crazy to me right now, and I might need to go back and revisit that countdown.  But I knew I had to track this card down once I saw what Bip's card in this year's Stadium Club set looked like.

I saw some people bring Bip's attention to the TSC card this year, and he seemed rather put off by it.  Something about preferring the original (though I can't find the specific tweet at the moment).  Bip seems like a super cool guy, and the little that I've heard of him broadcasting with the A's, he seems pretty entertaining.

Anyways, more to come on the rest of the Just Commons haul, plus, I'd like to do a "first day of school" post up for tomorrow.  That'll most likely be it for a few days, because I imagine the first week of school eating up a big chunk of whatever free time I might find myself having.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck, enjoy the first day of school. Teach Well Young Man! If I only knew you didn't have the original Bip, I have several, BTW, for the record.... I like the Score, I don't really think the TSC is a big deal, althoug I need two of them, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomorrow's my 8th day of school and I know of a couple of other school districts which don't start until September. Craziness! Good luck on your first day!

    The Bip sombrero card (original) is a card I think every collector should have in their collection. I need to track one down!

    ReplyDelete