A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The GWYNNsday Binder

With the day off on Monday (hope everybody had a great Memorial Day), I got my days a little mixed up, and it wasn't until this morning that I realized that I didn't have a GWYNNsday post all lined up.

I was running just a bit too far behind this morning to go into the garage and leaf through my Gwynns and decide on something and snap a quick picture, but here's what I realized:

My Gwynn binder is the only binder that I have that has a picture in the front cover.

After Tony's passing, my parents and grandparents send a whole bunch of Gwynn stuff from local newspapers and stuff, and I believe that this was from the San Diego Union Tribune.  The photo is a little dark, since, like I said, it was taken in my garage before I went to work, but I like how simple and to the point it is.

Tony is the Greatest.  Padre.  Ever.

Does anybody else have artwork of some sort on their binders?  I've seen some have labels on the spine so they know which binder is which, but I haven't seen the front of many card binders.

Anyways, happy GWYNNsday to you all.  Go Padres!

1 comment:

  1. The elusive Gwynn binder! May we someday soon get a guided tour from this sacred tome? Perhaps a sample page or two?

    ReplyDelete