A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Sunday, February 1, 2015

I'm Back!


So, it's been over two weeks since I last posted, and my last post mentioned that my wife was going to be having our third child at the end of the week.  Well, it turns out that it was actually just three days later that the baby arrived.  

On Monday night, I had just gotten the kids to bed when my wife said she was feeling contractions.  Nothing painful, probably nothing worth going to the hospital about, she said.  But, to be on the safe side, we dropped our kids off with some friends and headed over.  Turns out, she was right.  Here's Archi, my #WalletCard, hanging out by the computer that was monitoring her contractions.

Well, after checking in at 9:00, we were admitted about an hour and a half later.  After getting some quick sub plans whipped up, I stayed awake as long as I could, but I eventually fell asleep.  I woke up around 5:00 am on Tuesday morning, and a few minutes later, Maxwell Coleman Pond was born.  Kid's got some sweet hair.

Here is his full name spelled out in cards.  While he certainly wasnt named after Charley Maxwell, he did get his middle name from the former radio voice of the Padres, Jerry Coleman.  I got both Maxwell cards for this post once we decided on the name.  He wasn't  wasn't named after either of them, but, man, I sure do like both of those cards.

Anyways, here's Archi and Maxwell, right after I strapped him into his car seat for his first car ride - home.  He's been a pretty great baby so far, which is to say that he doesn't cry too much and sleeps a lot.  He is a lot more tolerant of me than his older brother was, which is good.  Speaking of his siblings, they love him to death.  I mean, hopefully not literally, but the love is strong.

My card pickups have been pretty minimal the past two weeks, though I did add one more to my "Foster" collection.  This one is only the second one who actually has "Foster" as a first name, not a last name.  Here's hoping Foster Griffin becomes a big star in the years to come.

If you follow me on twitter, you've seen all of these pictures, but here they are again.  This kid is pretty ridiculously cute.

I will probably always love baseball cards to some degree or another, but man, family is a beautiful thing.  There are lots of things that I lack, but I am truly blessed with an incredible wife and kids.  This is the first time that Harper met Maxwell, and she loves him more each day.  Hard to really think that anything else is important during moments like this.

Of course, I say that while I'm practically drooling planning a trip to Spring Training during Spring Break with my brother, so yeah, there's enough love to go around.  

16 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! Congrats on your newest blessing! Little Max is a handsome dude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new addition to the family! Looks like you've got a great future collecting partner there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great stuff! Congrats on the little one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! And congratulations on still finding time to blog. I remember those days well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!!!! Maxwell and Archi - hands down the best wallet card shot I've seen! MC Pond has quite a smile, a beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Marcus! I really love his name and kudos to you for the naming convention for his middle name.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very happy and belated congratulations!

    ReplyDelete