A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

A Gray GWYNNsday

It seems like the baseball card blogosphere is a pretty geographically diverse community.  I suppose there might be a little more on the coasts, but over all, it seems like we're pretty spread out.  I know of a few bloggers in Texas, like me, but I've sent out trade packages to a decent number of states.

Well, I'm not sure what the weather is like in the neck of the woods that you happen to call home, but here in central Texas, things are looking pretty dreary.  Clouds, rain, that kinda stuff.

Being raised in San Diego, I remember the handful of days a year it would rain and think, "Man, this is so depressing.  I can't believe that I was born in Oregon and if I still lived there, I would have to get used to this."  Fortunately (well, depending on how you look at it), it rarely rained, so I kept right on smiling right through the mild seasons.

Here in Texas, however, I've come to love the fall.  I'm not one of those people who says "Oh my!  I just need my seasons!"  Baseball season is the only season I care about, I don't really have a preference as far as the rest of them are concerned.  However, getting a break from the oppressive summer heat is a nice change of pace, and I've enjoyed it so far.

Alright, are we done talking about the weather?  Seriously, why did I just write three paragraphs about it?

You're losing it man, pull it together!

Moving on, the subject of today's GWYNNsday...

This appears to be a spring training shot of Mr. Padre, though it seems like we're looking at some possible April showers in the background.  Guess it kinda matches the gray border.  While this isn't my favorite Collector's Choice design, I love the photo.  Great bat barrel shot.

This card came my way via Bru, of the blog Remember the Astrodome.  Big Astros fan, that guy.  Fellow Texan as well.

For a card that came out seventeen years ago, you'd think I'd already have this one by now.  But, it wasn't until it came up from Houston that I was able to slide it into a page and catalog it.  Just goes to show.

This Gwynn pulls me pat 575 in the collection.  THAT is pretty impressive. 

Big thanks to all my trade partners who have pitched in.  You guys rule.

Oh, I'll post the rest of Bru's cards tomorrow.  Lots of good stuff there, too.

2 comments:

  1. You are most welcome sir! Happy to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just received this card a couple weeks ago. Definitely a beauty.

    ReplyDelete