A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Friday, August 8, 2014

Vacation Vintage Pt. 7

While on vacation in San Diego, my goal is to not do any blogging.  I might read a blog in my down time here or there, but I'd like to keep myself from writing until I get back.  SO, I'll be digging a little bit into some of my vintage cards for a quick post for most of the days that I'm gone.  Enjoy!

1975 Topps, Nolan Ryan "'74 Highlights" #5
This is probably my most crisp vintage card - pretty well centered, good corners.  You know, if you're into that sorta thing.  I actually don't mind if there's wear and tear on cardboard that's ten years older than me, but it's kinda nice to have it in good condition now and then.  Anyways, Nolan Ryan is the man - one of the greatest pitchers of all time, and durable?  Heck yeah.  Sad to see him leave the Rangers front office the way he did, but the Astros seem to be doing better than the Rangers anyways.  Got to see him throw out the first pitch at the Round Rock Express home opener this year, which was cool.  Not everyone gets to have a minor league team named after them.

No comments:

Post a Comment