A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Vacation Vintage Pt. 4

While on vacation in San Diego, my goal is to not do any blogging.  I might read a blog in my down time here or there, but I'd like to keep myself from writing until I get back.  SO, I'll be digging a little bit into some of my vintage cards for a quick post for most of the days that I'm gone.  Enjoy!

1967 Topps, Willie McCovey #480
This is a card that I've written about numerous times on the blog.  For me, it'll probably always be the card that I spent the most money on - 18 bucks, when I was in… I dunno, elementary school?  Adding inflation, and we're looking at more than twenty!  When I discovered that there was a guy who had played on the Padres and was in the Hall of Fame, I knew I just had to own a card of his.  This was it.  To this day, one of my all time favorite cards.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome card. If I actually still made collecting goals... I might actually make one of them about McCovey. I really should pick up at least one or two more cards of him featured in brown and gold.

    Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, how come you didn't include that in the care package you sent me? :D Excellent card!

    ReplyDelete