A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Friday, August 1, 2014

Vacation Vintage Pt. 2

While on vacation in San Diego, my goal is to not do any blogging.  I might read a blog in my down time here or there, but I'd like to keep myself from writing until I get back.  SO, I'll be digging a little bit into some of my vintage cards for a quick post for most of the days that I'm gone.  Enjoy!

1962 Topps, Vern Law #295
Man, the scan makes this card look a lot better than in person.  It is pretty frayed, and the heavy creases across the top third are still visible.  Vern Law won the Cy Young in 1960, leading the league in complete games (18) and posting a 20-9 record.  It would be his only year as an All-Star.  Baseball-Reference says that his nicknames were "Preacher" or "Deacon", which makes sense to me - my grandparents sent me some autographs of Law when I was a kid, I'm pretty sure they met him at church.

No comments:

Post a Comment