A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Monday, August 11, 2014

Music Monday: Milwaukee!


Whew!  We made it back from San Diego!  Made the 1,300 mile trip home safe and sound.  More on the trip later, but for now, here's a return of Music Monday.

I was actually able to meet one of my New Year's Resolutions while in San Diego, which was attend a concert.  Seems like small potatoes, but after being a pretty regular live-music-goer, I fell off the wagon last year and didn't go even once.

Well, today's song isn't from the band that I saw (though they are playing in Austin this week, might go check 'em out), but I bought the album off iTunes and listened to it a couple times on the trip.  Good stuff.

The Both - "Milwaukee"

The Both is made up of Aimee Mann and Ted Leo.  I guess Aimee Mann is/was pretty popular, though I had never heard of her until now.  I'm a big fan of Ted Leo, due to his work with his band Ted Leo & the Pharmacists.  I've seen them once, and caught a solo set with Ted during my first trip to South by Southwest.

Ted Leo & the Pharmacists - "Colleen"

Have a good Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Aimee Mann of 'Til Tuesday???? Don't tell me you were under a rock in the 80's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't under a rock, but I wasn't born until '84. The first radio hit I remember hearing was by the Spin Doctors. Sorry.

      Delete