A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Happy Birthday Stan Belinda!

That's right, it's a two day break from Vacation Vintage.  I had to wish happy birthday to an all time great, Stan Belinda, or Stan the Man, as many called him.

Alright, maybe there weren't many who called him that, but as a kid, I loved getting Stan Belinda cards.  As far as I was aware, he was the only MLB player who shared my birthday.

I have cards of Belinda's days with the Red Sox and Royals, but when I was big into collecting, he was a Pirate.  Really digging the borders of this '91 Score card.

Since then, I've learned that me and Stan also share birthdays with Darryl Scott, Keith Mitchell, Luis Vizcaino, and Justin Germano (former Padre).  In the non-baseball world, we share the day with David Robinson (basketball player), Lucille Ball (actress), Andy Warhol (artist), and one of the Spice Girls.

You win some, you lose some, I guess.

2 comments: