A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Saturday, July 12, 2014

The Rest


So, I already did a post about the trip down to San Antone I took with my daughter to see the San Antonio Missions, but here are a few more photos of the trip, as well as the remainder of the Missions team set I picked up.

Above is a shot of the view from our seats during Cory Spangenberg's first at bat.  We're going to San Diego in a few weeks, and I was looking online at Petco Park ticket prices, and the cheapest I can find are for $26 bucks in the nosebleeds. We sat here for ten bucks.  I love the minor leagues.

Actually, one thing that I really hope to do, living in Texas, is to be able to (eventually) get partial season tickets to a minor league team, something that I would never be able to do on a teacher's salary with a major league team.

On to the baseball cards.  I already showed a few in my first post, of the names that I already knew before I went to the game: Austin Hedges, Hunter Renfroe, Rymer Liriano, Odrisamer Despaigne, and Jesse Hahn.  Here are the rest of them.

Here are the horizontal cards.  I really like the Jankowski card, who was a first round draft pick in 2012, but he only played 16 games this year before breaking his wrist making a play in the outfield.  Bummer.  The card of Jeff Ibarra is a great looking one, featuring the Missions Sunday uniforms.

Here are eight cards that all show pitchers on the mound, with the outfield wall in the background.  Individually, they might not look too bad, but put altogether, they look very samey.  

Here are three hitters, uh, hitting...

… along with four pitchers pitching.

Jason Hagerty's card is one of two that shows a position player on defense - the only other one was Austin Hedges, the catcher.  Hagerty is listed as a catcher here, but is shown elsewhere on the diamond, presumably first base.  Rich Dauer is the manager.  Gotta love the manager cards.

Here's what the back of the cards look like.  Little guy with a megaphone giving a little fact about the player, with a few lines of stats.  No card numbers, just jersey numbers, which is how I've ordered them in the pages I put them in.


Here's a few more pictures from the game.  Since Harper is only three, she had a hard time staying in her seat, which wasn't too bad, since we sat right over the railing between our section and the walkway down below.  Also, we have BallapeƱo, who was Harper's favorite part of the game.  He did a pretty funny dancing bit between the first and second innings, and here he was interacting with some fans while on top of the Missions dugout.

Tickets to the Padres are probably too expensive to take my kids, but I look forward to having more great experiences with them at minor league games.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you and Miss Harper had a fun time at the game. I had to laugh at Ballapeno (great name, by the way!). The Wilmington Blue Rocks here in Delaware have "Mr. Celery" who is the official unofficial 2nd mascot who is--as the name suggests--I giant celery stalk. He runs out from the gate behind home plate and dances around, high-fiving fans after the Rocks score a run. Very random, indeed!

    ReplyDelete