A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Rally Cashner

Even though I'm a baseball fan, I'm more specifically a Padres fan.  As such, most of my "baseball memorabilia" is Padre related.  And because baseball cards are so easy to store (and I just love 'em), I rarely stray into other types of baseball stuff.

However, one thing that I've always been meaning to pick up is a bobble head.

For one thing, it seems like (and I could totally be wrong) bobble heads have roots in baseball.  There's enough giveaways that you'd think that at some point, I'd have gotten my hands on one.  However, as a Padre fan, it seems like it's either Tony Gwynn (which raises the price considerably), or it's somebody that I'm less than enthusiastic about (Clayton Richard).

However, I saw this one that started out with a $9.99 price tag (shipped), and I was the first and only bidder, so now it's mine:

Andrew Cashner!  I'm pretty sure that the majority of my posts now revolve around my favorite Padre pitcher.  I guess that's how it is.  As I type this, he's pitching against the Reds.  Already down 1-0 in the 2nd, but I think he's settling in.  Anyways, this is a Wrigley Field giveaway from Cashner's days with the Cubbies.  He's shown here in a Boise Hawks uniform, the Cub's Short Season A League team.  Not sure why they went with the Hawks uniform, since he was with all the other Cubs affiliates as well, but I guess it's a cool enough uniform, and the obscurity of the team makes it a little cooler.

Anyways, it arrived last Friday, and the Padres haven't lost since then.  Not only have they not lost, but they went from being a team that averaged less than three runs a game (pre-bobble head), to a team that averaged eight runs a game (post-bobble head).

Small sample size, just three games against the Marlins.  Still, I'll take what I can get.

Rally Cashner, bring the Padres a win tonight!  Go Padres!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. 2 runs on 3 hits. The only way that happens is if Cashner is the pitcher. GO PADRES!

      Delete