A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Monday, March 17, 2014

Ricky O'Gutierrez

I guess today was St. Patrick's Day.  I kinda thought that it happened last week, but that's what I get for not being a big celebrator of the holiday.

One reason I thought it was last week was because when I went to Peoria for Spring Training a few years ago, we caught the St. Patrick's Day game.  Highly noticeable due to the green hats with the regular uniforms.  Since we went during our spring break, which was last week, I assumed it was then.


Since I forgot I was supposed to wear green today, I had to have a quick talk with my first graders about pinching adults (and people in general).  I was able to go whole day and avoid any potential lawsuits.  Win!

To celebrate, here is Ricky Gutierrez, who I don't believe is Irish, but I guess it's one of those things where "everybody's Irish on St. Paddy's Day".  Rocking the green hat in Spring Training many years ago.  This is one of two "green-hatted" Padres I have in my collection, but I already saw the Joey Hamilton one posted somewhere else today.

2 comments:

  1. I honestly never heard of the "pinching" thing until today (well, yesterday) and I've lived through plenty of St. Patrick's Days. Anybody that pinches me for not wearing green, is getting decked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also forgot. Though, mainly because we got five inches of snow overnight and I was more concerned with shoveling and clearing off the cars in the morning :/

    ReplyDelete