A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Section K of the Misc. Padres

Here is today's installment of my Countdown to Opening Day 2014.  Each countdown post will feature a section of my Miscellaneous Padres binders.  Separate from my Team Set binder, Rad binder, Tony Gwynn binder, and Player Collection binder, are a pair of binders that hold all the rest of my beloved Padres.  I think they're awesome.


I'm going to see if
I can write this entire
post as a haiku

Here are some guys that
Have a last name that starts with
K in my binders.
K:
Casey Kelly – 3
Dick Kelley – 1
Fred Kendall – 1
Ian Kennedy - 1
Terry Kennedy – 11
Clay Kirby – 3
Ryan Klesko – 14
Mark Kotsay – 10
Kevin Kouzmanoff – 25
Marc Kroon – 1
John Kruk – 5

Total cards - 75
Total players - 11
Most - Kevin Kouzmanoff (25)
Least - four tied with 1
Oldest - Clay Kirby (1970 Topps)

His hair looks longer
Now than in this photograph.
Hope his arm is good

An original
Padres expansion draft pick.
Love brown and yellow.

Clay was so close to
A no-hitter, but close just
doesn't really count.

Wonder how many
Syllables are in the word
KOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZ!

You can't really tell,
But this border is blue, and
Was cut by a child.

I'm not sure if those
All count as haikus or not
But at least I'm done.

1 comment:

  1. Now all I can think about is my college poetry class.

    ReplyDelete