A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Spring Cleaning / Trade Bait


I've been slowly recovering from whatever made me sick the past day or so.  My wife took our daughter to run some errands and go bargain hunting in the Austin area, and I got to hang out at home with Foster.  After having a rough first year or so, he's become quite the sweet kid, and in between reading books and watching Ninja Turtles with him (the ones from when I was a kid), he let me have some free time to do some card organizing.

I've been tinkering with my trade list tab on the right side of this blog, and it's been hard to keep up with what I have/don't have.  I also am not one to make long, extensive lists of cards that may not interest very many people.

So, today I decided to photograph some of those cards and make it a more "visual" trade spot.

At some point, I'll have to go through and add the cards that I have for trade from 2014 Topps (a pretty decent-sized stack) and a few other sets from last year, but the rest of what's not on there are more team-collector cards (not stars, random sets, etc.).

Anyways, I figure a quick post with minimal commentary will be a good start for the new list today.  If you see anything that interests you, leave a comment or shoot me an email.  If you have some cool Padres to trade, that's awesome.  If not, lemme know, I kind of would like to clear out some space anyways.

Love these Baseball Card Magazine cards, but have no need for these particular ones.

Frank Robinson patch.

Chromed out.

Minis.

2011 parallels.

2012 parallels.

2013 parallels.

2014 parallels.

New inserts.

A whole bunch of Cal Ripken cards.  There are a few more that I couldn't squeeze in as well.

A bunch of Nolan Ryan cards as well.

This is a pretty cool set as well that I thought about keeping as well, but somebody else may appreciate it more.  One of the Franklin Caramel sets.

2013 Inserts.

Black bordered Orioles and Rays.

Bowman.

For that Chien-Ming Wang collector in your life.

These are all numbered cards.  The Zobrist card is #/75, and I forget what the other two are.

Baseball cards.

Guys that now play for the team formerly known as the California Angels.

Emeralds from 2013.

18 comments:

  1. If possible I could use the 2013 emerald Trout card. Will see if I can drum up some Padres to send back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No prob. Shoot me an email w/your address and I can PWE that to ya. I also might have some extra Rockies/Mariners, if those are teams that you're interested in.

      Delete
  2. How can there not be a single tiger in the bunch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I've already sent you all my Tigers! Although I did pull a yellow bordered Tiger that I didn't bother posting - it's already booked mark for ya.

      Delete
  3. I see a couple I'm interested in: One of the Machado/Bundy Heritage, Wada Orange, Davis Blue, and Ripken MooTown Snackers. Could you also tell me a little more about the Ripken on the second row, 3rd from the left and the last one on the 3rd row?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hologram one that is hard to see is from the '92 Denny's Grand Slam/Upper Deck set, I believe. The last one on the 3rd row says Bowman's Best and also has the McDonald's logo on it and is also from '92.

      Delete
  4. That 2014 Glavine Upper Class insert would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, ooh...the RIckey and Cano minis and any Upper Class inserts that John Miller doesn't want! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to get that Andres Galarraga from Baseball Cards magazine from you. I've been trying to track that one down for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good. Shoot me your address and I'll PWE that out to ya.

      Delete
  7. I'm into that BB Card Mag Maddux, Fisk and Puckett. Been setting aside some Orange Line cards and a few others for you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done. Have some other stuff that I'm sending as well.

      Delete
  8. I would love the following: One of the Machado Heritage , A&G Minis of Palmer and Killebrew , Making Mark Twins Hicks, Harper Chrome and Freese Blue Heritage. I will check what I can send you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great! Send me your address and I can get those out to you sometime this week.

      Delete
    2. sent email with my address and a note if you need 1987 Donruss Opening Day Padres.
      Thanks Again... :0)

      Delete
  9. I would love that Gerrit Cole and Bryce Harper if nobody has claimed it yet.

    ReplyDelete