A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Oh, THAT'S What They Were Talking About


I've mentioned before that I don't have cable, and I don't really go outside of a few Padre-themed websites to get my baseball news.  I'm not completely under a rock.  I mean, I've heard of Yasiel Puig, and I know that Matt Harvey is killing it.  But I had never heard of Jose Fernandez until I saw a post on This Way To The Clubhouse talking about how he was looking for a card of young phenom Jose Fernandez.

"What a generic sounding name," I thought.  "I wonder how good he is."

Saw him on last night against the Padres.  Kid's got stuff.

I guess I'll hold on to this one.

1 comment:

  1. Be glad he isn't in your team's division! Though, the way the Marlins conduct business, Fernandez will be throwing for a contender in the AL East within three years.

    ReplyDelete