A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Being A Night Owl

So last night, to celebrate my first Friday night of summer vacation, my wife and I decided to rent a movie from Redbox and get some junk food and have a stay in movie-date night.  Nothing that romantic, since the kids had us pretty tired, and the movie of choice was The Dark Knight Rises.  My wife hadn't seen it yet (!)

At about the 1:15 mark, just when Bane started to wreak havoc on Gotham, my son, Foster, started throwing up.  He'd had a high fever most of the day, so he was up with us, snuggling with my wife.  As we were rushing to clean up, he did it again, and so we decided to send him to urgent care.  I stayed home to kind of clean up, but mostly just because our daughter was asleep and we didn't want to have two cranky kids at the hospital.  While my wife got cleaned up and ready to go, I changed Foster into some new clothes...

Here's the onesie I put on him, an owl with some stars that glow in the dark.  We've had it for a while, and I always think of a certain blogger when he wears it.  This boy is going to be a Padre fan though, so don't get any ideas.

My wife brought him back around 2:00 AM, and it turns out that he'll be fine.  They gave him some stuff, I'm still not sure of the deets, but he's doing a little better today.  Still a little cranky, but back to smiling again.

Anyways, I tried to dig up an "awesome night card" in honor of my stint as a night owl, but this was the closest I could come to from my Miscellaneous Padres binder.  I know there are a few in some of my other binders, but ain't nobody got time for pulling other binders.  As a bonus, it's from a game that the Padres "vanquished" the Dodgers.

Hopefully today will be better (and I can convince my wife to finish the movie - she was starting to lose interest, though that might've been attributed to dealing with a sick kid) and our family can be back to full strength for Sunday.  Not that we're doing a whole lot on Sunday, but sick kids at church are never fun.  

Padres win!  Back up to .500, and second place in the NL West, 2.5 games back of Arizona.  GO PADS!

2 comments:

  1. Hope the little guy is feeling better today.

    I got to see your boys play recently, as the Phillies are one of the "local" TV teams. Even though the series didn't go their way, the Pads are a fun team to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your son is doing all right. Always tough when the little ones get sick.

    By the way, I've become a bit of a Padres fan. We moved from Illinois two years ago now - to Fort Wayne, Indiana, home of the TinCaps (San Diego's Low A affiliate). It's an amazing minor league park and a tremendous draw around here. Last year I got to see Austin Hedges probably a dozen times. I'll have a related post about that before too long as I get back to blogging soon. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete