A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Friday, May 31, 2013

Encarnaci-Oh Oh Ohn!


I don't have this card.  I normally don't like having to pirate pictures to use for the blog, but watching the Padres play the Blue Jays tonight (currently tied at three in the bottom of the 6th, Pads just got out of a bases loaded jam in the top of the inning), and I had to post about Edwin Encarnacion.

"Encarnacion" is a fun word to say.  It makes me think of this song from Nacho Libre, a movie that I actually started watching a few days ago before my daughter made me put The Princess and the Frog back on.  Good songs in both, but this one makes me laugh more than any other songs by Disney.


By the way, the Padres three runs so far have come on a two RBI double by legit Rookie of the Year candidate Jedd Gyorko, who took third on the throw home, and then scored on an error by Jays catcher J.P. Arencibia, who tried to throw him out at third.

Incidentally, Encarnacion is 1 for 2 with a walk, an RBI, and a run scored.

3 comments:

  1. When I was in the wilderness, I wrote a song for encarnacion. In my mind!

    Love Nacho Libre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I turned it off after the Jays killed two of their own rallies by bunting, pullin Jenkins, and PHing Izturis for him. NL Play is brutal. Glad I didn't stay up for all seventeen innings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I ate some bugs, I ate some grass..."

    Pure poetry.

    ReplyDelete