A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Trade with Ammon

I was considering naming this post "Keeping it in the Family", since Ammon is my little brother, but I thought I'd give him some first name recognition on the blog.  He was actually the first one in my family that I told about the blog, so he's known about it the longest (though I'm pretty sure he isn't a frequent reader or anything).

Anyways, it was really fun hanging out with him these past few days in San Diego, and especially on the Spring Training road trip.  On Sunday while we were hanging out after a wonderful carne asada, I found a binder of his cards and rifled through 'em a bit.  I happened to have a few of my Padre cards in my backpack that I brought with me to do lesson plans, and we did a three for three trade.  In exchange for a Nick Hundley and... well, two other Padre cards, I got...


The sparkly Harang is actually one that I sent him a while back, and I kinda regretted it.  However, since the Harangatang is now pitching for the Dodgers (he was actually the pitcher for the Dodgers in the game we saw in Peoria), he didn't mind parting with it.  The Eric Stults card is a pitcher at the plate who also happens to be in line to be the Padres 4th starter, and I just liked the Brandon Phillips card.  Dude's got skills.

Anyways, in a few hours our flight will be taking us back to Texas.  I love it there, but it's always hard leaving San Diego when we come to visit.  Fortunately, I got plenty of In-N-Out to hold me over until the summer.

More details of card pickups, spring training autographs, Disneyland recaps, and trade bait from the vacation are forthcoming.  Just need to survive the flight, my beautiful and wonderfully sweet two year old seems to have been switched with an evil twin the past few days, hopefully she's back and ready to go on the flight home.

1 comment:

  1. The heck with In-an-Out, you should of had a Hodad's Burger while you were there. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete