A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

These Could Be Yours



Has this ever happened to you?

You wake up and say, "Man, what should I do with all of my unwanted Padre cards?"

Of course it has!  Who cares about the Padres?

Well, it just so happens that I do!  And if you'd like to initiate a trade with me to swap those unloved Padres for some cards that you actually do care about, here is something that is commonly known in the community as "trade bait".

Above, we have a Delwyn Young relic (Dodgers) from '08 Allen & Ginter with a '69 Topps Wilbur Wood (White Sox).  Below, we have...

 Vintage!  Or just older cards, depending on the ones you're looking at.

'59 Topps - Don Cardwell (Phillies) and Ronnie Hansen (Orioles)
'69 Topps - Bill Melton (White Sox)
'71 Topps - Dave Roberts and Jose Arcia (both Padres)
'76 Topps - Steve Stone (Cubs), Jim Spencer (Rangers), Don Gullett (Reds), AL RBI Leaders (G. Scott, J. Mayberry, F. Lynn)
'77 Topps - Sixto Lezcano (Brewers) and Randy Moffit (Giants)
'83 Topps - Dave Parker (Pirates)

Fancy-schmancy cards!

Dustin Ackley - Mariners relic
Tim Hudson / Rich Harden - relic, serial numbered
Bobby Livingston (Mariners) autographed
Bill Mueler (Red Sox) - relic
Chris Iannetta (Angels) - Heritage Chrome
Joel Hanrahan (Pirates) - auto
2011 Hope Diamond - Andre Dawson, Chance Ruffin

A buncha mini's!

Some oddballs!

Anyways, if any of these strike your fancy, drop me a line and maybe we can work out a trade, especially if we haven't made one before.

I've also updated my trade list to show a bunch of stuff, the only main sets that I have a lot of that aren't on there are 2009 Topps 206 and 2009 O-Pee-Chee.  And, well, I guess I have a bunch of 1992 Fleer Ultra and Topps Stadium Club, but those aren't usually in high demand.

My want lists are in the usual locations.  I'm getting closer to finishing the '71 and '73 Topps Padres team sets, while my '69 and '77 sets are lagging behind.  Check out my "Padres Vintage Haves" list to see what I already... well, you get the idea.  Of course cards of guys like Steve Finley and Archi Cianfrocco are always welcome in this household, as are most other Padres.

Hit me up!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh ooh, can you put aside the Capt. Crunch cards for moi???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be interested in that Pudge mini, and the Hope sparklies of Dawson and Ruffin. I'll send you an email soon with an offer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm interested in the A&G minis and the Sambito Coke card.

    It might take me a few days to get back to you, but I'll email you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark, Dustin, Greg - those are all set aside for you, no problem.

    ReplyDelete