A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Thursday, March 7, 2013

DEEEEENOOOOO!!!!!


For those of you not in the know, the Chris Denorfia-led Italian team beat the Adrian Gonzalez-led Mexican team in round 1 of the World Baseball Classic.  Trailing by one in the bottom of the ninth, Sergio Romo gave up a double to Anthony Rizzo (looked like a fly ball lost in the sun to me) that scored two.

Who scored the go-ahead run?  DENO!  He went 2 for 5 with a double and scored twice.  I'm not really following the WBC that closely, but a dramatic come from behind win featuring my favorite current Friar is always worth noting.  You can find the wrap-up for the game here.

4 comments:

  1. I can't remember the last time I was watching a game this intensely. And it's still only March!

    Anthony Rizzo is one of my new favorite players because of that game-winning hit. I guess it helps that he's a Cub, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the game until Mexico got the 5-4 but couldn't stay up much longer. Wish ESPNAmerica would repeat the game on weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I never knew somebody in the world would love that card so much. :)

    ReplyDelete