A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

2013 Heritage, Pt. 2

Man, I've been needing to get back on track to finish up the "Other 29" teams feature leading up to Opening Day.  Too much good stuff to write about though.

So, it turns out that I had to run some errands at WalMart last night after posting my initial report on 2013 Heritage.  I decided to pick up one more pack to see if I could score any more Padres.  

Ug.  Josh Hamilton will most likely never be a Padre.  Not enough of a baseball town for him, probably.  Oh, and he would be paid as much as the whole rest of the team, so, yeah, he'll be playing up near Disneyland for a while, I reckon.

As stated previously, a bunch of the cards I pulled are on my trade list (including the one above), so have at it.  A few of the "hits" have been claimed, but there are a ton of base cards for those so inclined.  Speaking of trades, yesterday morning I had a trade bait post that had a few claims put in, but is far from cleaned out, so feel free to check that out as well.

Anyways, onto the reason that I decided to do a "Heritage Pt. 2".

Oh yeah!  Two more Padres closer to the team set!  While not as sweet looking as the Maybin card I featured last night, the Yonder card looks good.  Well, at least he's not just standing there, like most other Heritage cards seem to picture.

Though I've seen a few gripes about Heritage, my feelings are surprisingly positive.  I will say that I'm stoked to be part of the blogging community, because putting the Padres set together last year wasn't too difficult, and I've made some more trading partners, so I think I'll be able to hammer it out in no time.

In addition to the Padres team set, there are a few other players I'll be on the lookout for, and I'll also be looking to complete the Astros team set as well.  What can I say, I'm a sucker for those uniforms.  Plus, I used to listen to the games when I lived closer to Austin, so I've at least heard of a few of the guys, and last year I put together the Rangers team set, so I figure I'll spread the love around to the other Texas team.

Who's ready for the season to start?  I know it's only Spring Training, but Nick Hundley has gone 9 for 19 (.474) so far, with four doubles, a homer, and four RBIs.  If he can rebound, I like the Padres to be competitive this year.

2 comments:

  1. I got a couple Padres coming your way soon. Check out my post today for a sneak peek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' that Yonder card. The visible sleeve patch is a nice touch. I'll probably be throwing my money away...err...buying some more Heritage later on today, so I hope I can have some of the luck you've enjoyed thus far!

    Btw, I'd def be interested in trading ya for the Hamilton if it's not already promised elsewhere...

    ReplyDelete