A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Friday, February 15, 2013

Three Card Friday

Short post today.

Tim, over at Home of the Toddfather, is a very kind soul who sent me over a few cards off my want list.  One was a Chase Headley card from the 2012 Triple Play set, which I happened to receive a few days earlier in a separate trade package.

The other was a Paul Konerko card from the same set.  He also included a pair of Padres as well.


The 1992 Topps set is one of my favorites, since it was the first year that I really got into baseball cards.  Love seeing a Padre with the gold foil at the bottom.  Thomas Howard was a rookie for the Padres in 1990 and stayed in San Diego until he was traded to Cleveland in 1992.  He went on to play for four other teams in his eleven year career, but I'll always think of him as a Padre.

Yonder is one of my favorite Friars, even though this isn't the best looking shot of him, it is shiny and purple, so it's going into the binder, as all Alonso cards do.

This isn't the most flattering portrait of Paulie, but I still like it.  That Triple Play set was way better than it had any business being.

Thanks again Tim!  Some 2013 cardboard coming your way!

Happy Friday everybody.

1 comment:

  1. Nice pickups! I'm a fan of that Alonso card, for sure.

    Did you hear the dastardly news out on Liriano today?

    http://tinyurl.com/blv6u4k

    Not cool.

    Now I'm sad and lonely with only this Liriano rookie card reminding me of what could've been.

    (sniffle)

    ReplyDelete