A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Craving A GWYNNsday

I am glad that I am a man, and as such, do not have the responsibility of bringing children into the world.  I mean, I do my part, but it's much less labor intensive than my wife's.

She is currently a few weeks from giving birth to our second child, our first boy.  I've been so swamped with school lately that I feel like the only time I even get to see her is when we're both exhausted at the end of the night, her usually working on some "nesting" project (the latest one was getting a dollhouse for my daughter all fixed up and repaired for Christmas, since the days that she can do such things are numbered) or crashed on the couch, and me usually finishing up lesson plans or emails, or doing the dishes and giving the kid a bath.

There is really very little that I can do to ease the uncomfortableness that she is surrounded with every day.  She walks funny, cries out in pain when a limb jabs her ribs, and can't ever ever get comfortable.

One thing that I can do pretty well, though, is leave the house to buy food.  It seems like it's usually fresh fruit or vegetables, but sometimes it's oatmeal cookies or ice cream or fried chicken.

And sometimes it's cereal.  Not only is it my daughter's favorite food (and one of the first foods that she learned how to say - she turns two in February), but my wife gets cravings for it as well.  My daughter usually goes for Honey Nut Cheerios, or sometimes Frosted Mini-Wheats.  My wife on the other hand, goes for Cap'n Crunch.
Any chances that we'll see baseball cards in cereal boxes anytime soon?

Anyways, I get whatever it is she wants, because it's the least I can do.

I mean literally, the absolute least thing I can do.

1 comment:

  1. I rarely ever eat sugary cereal... but when I do, Cap'n Crunch is worth shredding the roof of my mouth. And none of that Crunch Berries stuff either; it's all about the original.

    ReplyDelete