A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Second GWYNNsday in October


Another GWYNNsday is upon us.  Since I put up the black bordered designs of 1971 Topps in my last few posts, I thought I'd continue the theme with this Gwynn card from 1992 Pinnacle.

I love the 1992 Pinnacle set.  I bought a box of Series 1 earlier this year, and had a blast ripping it open.  While I ended up with a bunch of duplicates, I'm still ten cards short of finishing the set.  

This Gwynn wasn't from Series 1.  I picked up this one when I bought the Padres team set on eBay.  I've said it before, and I'll probably say it again later on, but the 1992 Pinnacle set is my favorite set of all time.  Even thought I don't collect cards from other sports, I've seen hockey and football cards that have this same design, and I've been tempted to pick up a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment