A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Monday, October 1, 2012

It's In The Photograph

Short post this morning:

After posting about a bunch of 1/1 cards I had here, I now actually have another one, this from a more reputable source.




 I remember when I first saw printing plates for this year's Topps, and I really wanted one, but they all just seemed a little too pricey for me, and they didn't really look that great.  I saw this one on a "buy it now" offer for $13 bucks, and put it on the watch list in case the seller ever lowered the price.

They finally did.  The seller changed it to an auction and I was able to get it for six bucks shipped.

Chris Denorfia is my favorite current Padre, and this is my favorite card from last year's set.  I love that the 2011 Topps set featured a handful of Padres in the throwback uniforms.  They should do that every year, for multiple teams.  I think it looks cool.

Anyways, I've been on a Weezer kick for a few days since I was purging my iTunes library of music I don't really listen to.  Weezer doesn't get a lot of playing time nowadays, but I was a huge Weezer fan in high school, and they were the first arena concert that I went to (saw them in San Diego with Jimmy Eat World and Tenacious D opening).  They were touring in support of the Green Album, which hasn't stood the test of time as well as some of their other releases (their first album is by far their greatest piece of work and one of my favorite albums of all time), but it still had some catchy tunes.


I chose the song "Photograph", since this printing plate helped create the photograph we all enjoyed from last year's set.  Have a great Monday!

1 comment: