A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Sunday, September 9, 2012

This Guy...

Just in case you were wondering who is leading the National League in RBIs...

it's this guy.

With a grand slam against the Diamondbacks today, he brings his total to 102.  He also happens to be the National League Player of the Month for August.  Last year's RBI total: 44.  His previous season high: 64 (2009).

He was also nice enough to sign a ball for me in Spring Training this year.  This is the same ball I've shown with other autos (Blanks, Denorfia, Spagenberg, Powers).  I started this blog a few weeks into the season, and I didn't want to post all the autographs from Spring Training all at once.  Now that it's September, I figured I should start posting them when it fit in.

Anyways, I'm stoked that Chase is having an awesome year, hope he factors in to the Padres long-term plans.  It'd at least be cool to have a Padre player lead the league in an offensive category, especially playing in "Petco National Park".

GO PADRES!

No comments:

Post a Comment