A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Monday, September 10, 2012

Microphone Fiend

The best music festival that I have ever been to is Fun Fun Fun Fest, currently in it's seventh year.  I won't be attending this year (due to my own financial limitations, and what I perceive to be a weak lineup), but I went last year and it was... definitely fun.  Got to cross a few bands off my "must see live" list (Spoon and Hot Snakes), as well as seeing some other bands that I wasn't really into, but don't usually make it out to central Texas (Ra Ra Riot, Youth Brigade, Childish Gambino), so they were cool to see.

The biggest bummer of the whole experience was that Rakim got injured just before the festival, so he had to cancel.  I had never heard of him before I got my ticket, but I downloaded some of his stuff and I really liked it.  Even though I don't listen to many (if any) other rappers, I was looking forward to seeing him.

Well, to make it up, he's performing there this year, but like I said, I have more important things to spend my money on.

The title of the song made me think of a card that I used to have from good ol' Upper Deck Collector's Choice.

If Ricky is indeed rapping here, he definitely seems to be a less enthusiastic than you would expect from Rakim.  I'm guessing he's answering some hard hitting questions, like "Why are you wearing a jacket and turtleneck in the middle of the day when I'm only wearing a t-shirt", or "Who is your barber?".

This Bones card (pronounced "bone-ess) is much more appealing to me.  I love the '92 Topps set, and you can't beat the Padre blue and orange uniform scheme.

By the way, if you are like me and are in search of the most awesome Tony Gwynn card you can find, search no further and click here.

1 comment:

  1. I have that Gwynn card. I picked it up in a bargain box at a card show last spring.

    ReplyDelete