A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Monday, August 13, 2012

Music Monday: The Return of the Music


Realized that it's been a while since my last "Music Monday".  Well, it's back!

For my birthday last week, my wife and I went down to Austin and spent the afternoon eating at my favorite place (Home Slice Pizza) and visiting my favorite record store (Waterloo Records).  Nothing card related for this day, but I did pick up a pretty good album from one of my favorite bands, The Gaslight Anthem.

They put on a great live show (saw 'em at Antone's in Austin in 2009) and haven't put out a bad record yet.  Their second album "The '59 Sound" is one of my all-time favorite records, but my favorite song of theirs may be off their new album "Handwritten".  I haven't stopped listening to it since I got it, and it only took me a day to memorize the words to be able to sing along in the car.

I originally posted the "official" music video for this song, but I guess I'm not allowed to post that.  This is from an appearance on Letterman.  The quality isn't great, I wish the vocals were a little more "up front" and not so drowned out by the guitars, but I still like it.
Oh, why is there an awesome Roberto Alomar card from 1992 Pinnacle at the top of this post?  It's the 45th card from my all time favorite set, and the song is titled "45".  Gotta make it all tie in.
Have a great Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment