A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Trade with GCRL

Note: This will be the first of four consecutive days of trade posts.  It's vacation time...

I finally scrounged up some Dodgers and shipped them off to Jim from GCRL.  Kind of a blind trade, which was nice to do.  Nothing big, just a small stack of cards.  Of course, when you trade with a Dodger blogger, you get...

Dodgers.  Of course, this was on my want list.  Trying to finish Series 1 of the 1992 Pinnacle set.  It will be mine.  Oh yes, it will be mine.

Oh Paulie!  Such a great player... and a one time Dodger (he was eventually able to redeem himself).  I love learning about how some players break into the majors at one position, and later get moved around (Trevor Hoffman started off with the Reds as a shortstop).  Konerko started off as a Dodger catcher (hmmm... was there some other Dodger catcher that was blocking him a that position?), and apparently was moved to third base.   Way stoked to get these, don't have a lot of non-White Sox Konerko's.

The "G" in GCRL stands for Garvey, so I shouldn't have been surprised to get these.  Very welcome to the collection!  Apparently Steve used to be a Dodger or something, but he did get at least one big hit as a Padre.

I had the A&G Alonso mini, now I have the regular sized card.  Is it weird that I like Carlos Santana just because... his name is Carlos Santana, and I grew up listening to Santana?  I know I can't be the only one, right?  Right?

This was one of a few Hoffmans, which are always good to add to the collection.  I think I'm one of the few that prefers this year's Heritage to last year's, but this is one good looking card.

Anyways, this was a good deal on my end, although the Padres are starting to pile up, and I need to go on a binder run to facilitate the expansion.  First word problems, I guess.

1 comment: