A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Monday, July 2, 2012

Trade with Cardboard Collections

Colbey, over at Cardboard Collections e-mailed me a while back, with the generous offer of dumping off a bunch of unwanted Padre cards.  Of course, I graciously accepted (and sent over a few Braves to him as a thank you).

Colbey runs some "affordable box breaks" over at Cardboard Collections, so if you want to get in on the fun of adding to your team collections, but don't want to fork over a ton of cash, look into joining the monthly break.  It's usually pretty inexpensive, around ten bucks.

Anyways, here are some of the highlights of the package from CC...

A couple of guys who have their numbers retired at Petco Park.  You can't really tell from the photo, but the Gwynn card is a 3D card, and it's made by Pinnacle, from 1995

This is a 1996 Topps "Laser Cut" card.  I don't remember seeing these when I was a kid (although 1996 was the last year that I was fully interested in card collecting).  Anyways, he also sent a Ken Caminiti card like this, and I thought they looked pretty cool.

What do Tadahito Iguchi and Geoff Blum have in common (besides being one-time Padres)?  They're siblings!  Just kidding... They both have World Series rings from being members of the 2005 World Series Champion Chicago White Sox.  You may remember Blum's game winning homer in the 14th inning win Game 3, as the Sox worked their way towards a sweep of the 'Stros.  You may remember Iguchi because his first name is Tadahito.

Not a big Sean Burroughs or Phil Nevin fan (even though Nevin is a Cal State Fullerton graduate), but I thought this was pretty unique.  2003 Fleer Double Header.

When Colbey told me he had a bunch of Padres, he mentioned that they weren't anything special, mostly base cards.  I love base cards, so it was great.  But he also threw in this Jake Peavy relic, which was also pretty cool.  He could be an All-Star this year...

Anyways, there was plenty of other Friar goodness sent that wasn't highlighted here.  For reals, though, for affordable breaks, look no further than Cardboard Collection.  I believe that there are still spots for this month's break.  Thanks Colbey!

1 comment:

  1. Until I started going through my trade box I forgot I even had that Peavy relic.

    ReplyDelete