A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Trade with Capewood

Note: This is the second of four consecutive days of trade posts.  It's vacation time...

I had the same idea as Cliff, over at Capewood Collections.  I wanted to unload all my unwanted cards by teams, and so did he.  However, I just did one post and kept linking back to it, while he had the (much better) idea, to do a daily post with a different team each day.  Man, I felt like I was waiting forever for him to get to the Padres (he listed the teams in alphabetical order by nickname; I guess I was lucky it wasn't by city, San Diego would be even further down the list).

Fortunately, it was well worth the wait, especially with this card.

I've never heard of the "Electric Diamond" parallel of the 1994 Upper Deck set, but it looks awesome.  Archi seems to be unnecessarily jumping for the ball here, but I'm guessing it's just a practice (there are never empty seats like that at Padre games, right?)

When I started the blog, I didn't even have enough Hoffman cards to fill up a whole page in the binder.  As of now, the Hoffman count is more than 50.  Thanks for the trades, guys.

Can't ever have enough Benito cards.  Petco Park is beautiful, but I miss Jack Murphy Stadium Qualcomm Stadium Jack Murphy Stadium.  It wasn't as nice as Petco, but it was easier to get to and find parking, and... oh, the memories.  There was talk that the Padres would leave town without a new stadium, so I'm glad they got it built, but I still miss "The Murph" sometimes.  This Oliver Perez card was made pre-Petco Park.

Anyways, if you're a team collector, check out Cliff's blog and see if you can make a deal, he's looking for Astros and Phillies cards.  This deal worked out pretty well for me.  Thanks Cliff!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked the cards. I'm nearly done with the Great 2012 Summer Clearance Trade. I'll be spending the rest of the summer and into the fall posting some of the great cards I got back.

    ReplyDelete