A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Friday, July 6, 2012

Trade with Brad

Brad is a reader who contacted me to help out with my wantlist, specifically my list of eight cards that I still needed to finish the 2012 Archives '71-style set.  I sent him a few inserts from the Archives set (and some other stuff, I think), and he sent me...

these cards, and the final six others to finish the mini-set!  

MISSION COMPLETE!  Hunter Pence is showing you the pose I made after sliding those cards into their place in the binder.

He also sent over a couple of Gypsy Queen cards that I had on the want list.  I'm not collecting that set, but there are a few players that I wouldn't mind having from this set.  Kurt Suzuki and I went to Cal State Fullerton (Orange County, CA) at the same time, although I never saw him play (only went there my freshman year, didn't catch any games).  Because of this (and the fact that he's a catcher), he's one of the few non-Padres that I look for in newer sets.

He also sent over a few Padres to fatten up the package.  It's cool to have completed that '71 style set, even if it took a little longer than I thought it would (for only 50 cards).  Glad to have readers that want to trade!

Thanks for reading.  Don't forget to join the All-Star contest that's going on a few posts before this one.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the trade, gets me closer to the master set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! The '71 design is my favorite of the Archives set, also.

    ReplyDelete