A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Monday, July 2, 2012

Trade With The Baseball Card Snob

The third and final trade post of the day.  All caught up on trade posts!  Glad to be getting so many packages, and making so many trades.  I love showing off the good stuff that comes in, but I also have other ideas for posts that I'd like to be able to get to.  Plus, I have an All-Star game themed contest that I'll be posting either Tuesday or Wednesday, so be looking for that.

I love the 1993 Upper Deck set.  The colors are so bright and the picture quality is awesome.  Usually lots of good pictures, too.  Getting closer to finishing this Padres team set, mostly due to the Baseball Card Snob.  Only two more base cards yet, and then a few "Award Winner" cards.  These were some of my favorites.


Normally not a huge fan of the horizontal cards, but the ones from this set looked really good.  Would like to know the story behind this shot.

Digging the 1992 All-Star Game patch on Jerald's sleeve here.  Any guesses to wether or not he's at first or third?

Saving the best for last... CRIME DOG!  No doubt, admiring the flight of one of the 84 homers he smacked while playing for San Diego.  There were a few others from the '93 Upper Deck set, but this was another one that the Snob set my way.  Love Steve Finley, but man, those Arizona uniforms are ugly.  Yes, I know that my blog colors are brown and yellow.

Well, I learned not to judge a blog by the name.  I don't like snobs, but I guess Baseball Card Snobs are alright in my book.  Thanks for the trade, Paul!

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog and I like it. I too am a baseball blogger and card collector/trader. I have several cards on your want list for you and am hoping to arrange a trade. Please email me at grubbyglove@gamil.com. Best Regards, Michael Jawitz, AKA: Grubby Glove.

    ReplyDelete