A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Trade with Lonestarr

I love it when I'm not the one to initiate a trade.  The first few weeks of blogging, I felt that I was always pestering other bloggers to make deals.  Lately, it's been more even, between me contacting other collectors and having others reach out to make deals.  It's nice.

This was the haul that I got back from Lonestarr, who was apparently getting back into the swing of things after a mini-haitus.  There were a few things on my tradelist from the 2012 sets that he needed, and he... well, he sent me some pretty fantastic Friars, as well as some other guys.

Starting off with a Hall of Famer, from the 1979 Topps set.  Great card!

I love the diamond anniversary cards from last year's Topps set.  I think they were one of the things that got me interested in newer cards.  I think the only Padre cards like this I have are of Cabrera and O-Dog (so far).  It wouldn't be a great trade package without the Crime Dog!  These are sharp looking cards.  I'm kinda looking forward to the return of Triple Play, not so much for me, but I think the kids in my class will like them.

The Padres team leaders from 2006.  Six years later, and they're all long gone.  

A couple of Allen & Ginter cards from 2007.  These look cool with the Mexican flag included.  I was unaware that Hairston represented Mexico during the World Baseball Classic in 2009, but he did.

I already have this card, but the background is a lighter, beige-ier color.  This one looks cooler.  I might not normally count this Dave Roberts as a Padre card.  Even though the player is sporting the Pads jersey, the front and back have Giants written all over them.  But since it's Mr. Roberts, I'm willing to make the exception.  The dude is a champion in every sense of the word (e.g. World Series Champ and cancer survivor).

Are you tired of looking at Padres yet?  I know that Aaron Harang is.  I'm guessing that's why he went for LA.  Seriously though, how is this image on a baseball card?  Is it just me, or does the poor guy look like an insomniac zombie?  Somebody didn't get the memo about picture day.

Do you know who has the most major league home runs for people who were born in Rhode Island?  This guy.


SCORE!  Finishing up the trade is a jersey card from Paulie, numbered 179/180.  Totally awesome, the highlight of the package.

A great package from Lonestarr!  I feel like I made out a lot better than he did, so I'll be looking to see if there's anything else that I can send over soon to try to even it out a bit.  Thanks for the deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment