A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Friday, June 29, 2012

Trade with The Hopeful Chase

As I have mentioned previously, I sometimes have the tendency to rip packs like I'm a set collector, when in reality, I'm not.  Of course, I collect Padres.  There are also a few players that I collect.  Also, if a card is cool enough, I'll hang onto it.  But a lot of packs that I rip go pretty much straight to the trade list.  

This is especially true for this year's Heritage set.  I love the design and the card stock.  They look so cool.  But with all the short prints that are hard to get, plus all of the players that I don't know/care about, I don't think that I'd really be that into collecting the whole set.  Plus, as a semi-Ranger fan, I can't stand all of the cards that celebrate the Cardinals World Series.  I guess I'm just a sore loser.

Anyways, I was glad to be able to help out Justin over at The Hopeful Chase with his Heritage needs.  Here's what came my way in return.

Whittling down some of my Ranger needs from 2012 and 2011.  Is it just me, or does Koji look kind of like George Takei with facial hair?  Diggin' Murph's socks.

A sweet Eric Show card from 1985 Topps.  Can't ever have enough yellow and brown on the blog.  KOOOOZ!  I don't know a lot about these 2007 Bowman cards, but this card has the thickness of like, seven cards.

Crown Jewel: 1995 Topps Stadium Club "Clear Cut".  I had never heard of these, but they're printed on clear acetate.  Looks much cooler in person, but I think it still looks good here.

Added bonus?  Brian Lawrence 2003 Leaf Clubhouse Signatures card.  Looks pretty good, even though it's not on-card.  Been very satisfied with the number of Padre auto's I've been able to acquire in trades.

Anyways, a pretty decent haul for me, and it was good to see all those Heritage cards find a good home. Good luck completing that set, Justin!

No comments:

Post a Comment