A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Trade with Condition Sensitive



Another completed trade with a zistle.com user.  It may push me over the edge and start uploading my collection.  If you haven't checked it out, it's a pretty good database to use to keep track of your collection/things you want in your collection.  It also makes it pretty simple to put trades together.  Like this one.

When I first stumbled upon Condition Sensitive, I knew that I had found a kindred spirit.  Rosenort is a big fan of his team (also in the NL West, the Rockies), he collects cards of catchers (love it), and one of his favorite sets is 1992 Pinnacle (I thought I was the only one!).  I was able to scrounge up a few Rockies that he was in need of, and here's what he sent my way.

Tony Gwynn, King of Diamonds.  I wonder how much an artist made in the "overproduction era" for designing cards like this one.  And I wonder what they're doing now...

A pair of sweet looking McGriff's.  From 1991 Score and 1993 Fleer Ultra.  Such a sweet swing.


He had a bunch of 1991 Score, so much so that I thought it might even be a team set.
Unfortunately, it wasn't the case, but the remaining cards I need are on the want list.
Love the Bipper and Parent cards, though.

What's up with early 90s Score?  Always changing the border/background color, making it seem like the cards were all part of different sets...  Buncha weirdos.

My first Archi in a trade package!  These aren't easy to come across.  It's like people just automatically throw out their unwanted Expos and Padres...  Anyways, I love Archi, and my love for him will eventually bloom into a blog post, but today is not that day.

Overall, a great trade!  Check out this guy's blog for sure, it's a good one.

Oh!  I almost forgot!  He sent me this cool custom card that he made himself!  Of himself!  Like a business card for baseball card bloggers!  I thought this was really cool.  My wife majored in interior design, so we had Photoshop on our laptop for a while, but it crashed and we haven't been able to get it back up and running.  I've seen quite a few bloggers make these, but I've never seen them all printed up and everything.  If anybody is interested in making one of these for me and printing up a few copies, I'd be willing to let you have free reign of my trade list.  I'm thinking something in the template of the '71 Topps, '91 Fleer, or '92 Pinnacle...  I'm open to suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment