A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Monday, June 25, 2012

This Card Was Free


Oh, Andy Benes.  Drafted by the Pads with their first pick in the 1988 draft, he went on to be an All-Star in 1993.  In '94, he lead the league in losses (14) and strikeouts (189) the following year.  Can't imagine that happens very often.  In 1996, the Friars were swept out of the playoffs by the Cardinals, with Andy (now a Redbird) winning game 2 of the NLDS.  After 14 seasons, he would retire with a 155-139 record, although he would have a losing record in San Diego (69-75).

I was introduced to listia.com by Thoughts and Sox.  I picked up this Andy Benes card from a lot of four 1994 Pinnacle cards.  The others were Randy Tomlin, Jeff Brantley, and Wes Chamberlain.  Meh.  Listia is kinda like eBay, only instead of exchanging money, you're exchanging credits, which can be earned in a number of ways.  The four cards I picked up set me back 69 credits, which is equivalent to... I have no idea.

Not sure how much I'll be picking up off of Listia, but for the few minutes that it took to sign, get my introductory credits, and up and put in some lowball bids, I guess it was worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Listia is great. I picked up a 40gb hard drive for 26 credits yesterday and a 400gb tape cartridge for 104 credits with free shipping. 300 credits is about the same as one dollar on the site so there are some steals out there to be had.

    I'm listing individual cards now with free shipping just to get more credits to get some other goodies.

    ReplyDelete