A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Swap Meet Pickups

So last weekend I stopped by a swap meet-type thing that was in one of the towns near ours.  I was looking for something for my wife and ended up with a small handful of cards.  Husband of the year, right?

The guy who was selling them had all of the baseball cards divided by teams, but his Padre selection was pretty slim.  He had some sweet looking Gwynn's that were pretty pricey, but I was able to come away with a good deal on some Hoffman Cards.

This was my favorite of my Hoffman pickups.  2003 Topps 206 #329

I also picked up a few cheap Gwynns and a few cards of a younger Jake Peavy.  I also was able to pick up most of the team set from 2004 Topps Heritage.  I'm missing one of the base cards and two of the short prints, all of which have been added to the want list.  If you've got 'em, help a blogger out!


I really like going to the swap meets because you can usually get a good deal on a box of old cards, but the pickings were slim, and I didn't want to clutter up the card closet at home with stuff that I wasn't really stoked on.  I was able to pick up old packs of cards for a few bucks, so I had to go with quality over quantity.

1 comment:

  1. I've got a nice stack of Padres that'll be coming your way very soon!

    ReplyDelete