A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Monday, June 25, 2012

Music Monday: Sam Cooke

As I sit here and type this, I have eight (count 'em, EIGHT!) trade posts for packages that came in over the weekend that are still in draft mode.  With summer school ending this week and family in town, I'm hoping I can get all of them done by the end of the week, but who knows?  I'm hoping I've been able to keep an accurate count of which cards are from where, but organization has never been my strong suit.

Anyways, I did have enough time to whip up a Music Monday.  Trying to move over to a little softer side, turning back to clock a bit with some good ol' Sam Cooke!  Mr. Soul!  This is a love song, called "Nothing Can Ever Change This Love".

As I was talking to family members while they're visiting from San Diego this weekend, I asked them how many Padre games they've gone to this year.  The response was a whopping zero, and the main reason was the ownership situation, as well as the fact that they're doing pretty lousy this year.

In the words of Mr. Cooke:

If I go
A million miles away
I'll write a letter
Each and every day
Because I know that nothing
Nothing can ever change this
Love I have for you.


Sorry to get all mushy on you guys, but I love the Padres, regardless of their winning percentage.  They took two out of three from the Mariners this weekend.  If only we could play the Mariners all year, we might do alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment