A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Monday, May 28, 2012

True Believers

First off, Happy Memorial Day everyone!  Get out and do something!

I love checking out blogs and seeing the types of people/fans that are out there, and seeing the variety of interests that they have.  It was cool learning that TTG, from Friars on Cardboard, is in to some of the same punk bands that I am.  I really love music, and thought that I'd post a song that I love, and that ties into my love of baseball, though more specifically the Padres: "True Believers" by the Bouncing Souls.


I've met some people along the way,
Some of them split some of them stay.
Some of them walk, some walk on by.
Got a few friends I'll love 'til I die.
From all these people I try to learn.
Some of them shine, some of them burn
Some of them rise, some of them fall.
For good or bad I've known them all.

WE LIVE OUR LIVES IN OUR OWN WAY

NEVER REALLY LISTEN TO WHAT THEY SAY

THE KIND OF FAITH THAT DOESN'T FADE AWAY.

WE ARE THE TRUE BELIEVERS! 

I have to imagine that the cross-section of baseball fans and punk rockers isn't super large, so thanks for reading even if this isn't really your cup of tea.  Go baseball!  Go Padres, beat the Cubs!  Go Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment