A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Happy GWYNNsday!

Tony Gwynn cards on Wednesday = GWYNNsday!

This one is one of my faves as a kid... 1994 Topps Stadium Club.  The super-edgy name at the bottom looked cool at the time, although now I prefer the more clean cut stylings of other cards.  Still, great color w/the wristbands for a great, simple, shot.

Maybe it's just because I grew up in the early 90's, but the Pad's uniforms with the white and orange letters and blue background were my favorites.  Todays unis look sharp, but are a little too bland for me.  Obviously, if you take a look at my blog's color scheme, I like the throwbacks as well, but I'm hoping at some point they'll get the design back closer to how they were looking on this card.

Hope ya'll have a great GWYNNsday.  Maybe I should've posted this afternoon at 3:38, to commemorate his career batting average...

2 comments:

  1. Found your blog today via another blogger! Glad to find a Padres fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your site has now been added to the Sports Card Blogroll.

    Sincerely,

    JayBee Anama
    bdj610

    ReplyDelete