A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pack Report: 2012 Bowman

Okay, this is actually a packs report, I guess.  Picked up some 2012 Bowman rack packs yesterday on my way to work.  I normally don't do anything before work because I need to be at school by 7:15, but for some reason I walked out of the house with my shoes on, without a pair of socks.  I do the shoes/no socks thing on the weekend sometimes, if I'm just running errands, but with a whole day on my feet ahead of me, I had to go for a sock run...

Anyways, I was excited to open them on my lunch break, and they looked pretty cool, but didn't get a whole lot of ones that I was interested in.  On the way back home, I had to stop at the same store to pick up some supplies for one of our activities on Friday, and I decided to give the '12 Bowman one last chance.  That's when I pulled these:

There's probably a name for this type of sparkly thing, but I don't know what it is.
Kind of have a soft spot in my heart for the A's.

A Paulie to add to the collection!  I seem to have pretty good luck pulling Konerko cards lately.

Finally!  A Padre!  In chrome, no less.  Saw Jonathan in Spring Training, seemed to be doing pretty well.

That one ten card pack was almost better than the other two rack packs combined!  I guess that's life, huh?  Here are some of the highlights from the other packs, ones that I'll be hanging on to:

A couple of Bryce Harpers, one from that last pack, found him right next to Paulie.

Anyways, not a bad haul, but plenty of stuff that I'm looking to ship off, and the trade list is updated.  Definitely a lot of prospects, but a few veterans in there as well.  I pulled three variations of a Tommy Joseph card, so that might be of interest to some Giants fans.  Tried to make it easier to identify the prospects by including the team they played for. I only pulled one Padre, so any that aren't Jonathan Galvez, I'm definitely on the lookout for!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I saw that on your blog after I posted. I really liked that post, very informative. The Ice parallels are pretty cool looking.

      Delete