A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Win No. 4

Stop the presses!  Not only did the Padres win today, but they were able to beat Roy Halladay!  I guess that's why they play the game.  That brings the Padres record to 4-12.  Avoided the sweep at home and now looking to split the series tomorrow.

Now, the Phillies are having a tough time scoring runs right now (7-8), but they're no slouches, either.  Cory Luebke pitched a gem, going eight shutout innings and giving up just two hits, out-dueling Doc.  The Padres faithful are expecting big things from Cory after he was extended a contract for $12 million until 2015, with club options for the '16 and '17 seasons.  The club obviously have confidence in him, which is one of the reasons they felt alright about dealing away Mat Latos (a trade that hasn't gone so well for Cincinnati so far, although the Padres aren't faring much better).

He pitched great tonight, although it wasn't the BEST outing of the night.  Congrats to Philip Humber on his PERFECT GAME.  The White Sox are tied with the Rangers as my second favorite team to follow, and I was stoked to hear how well he did, and not super surprised.  I had him on my fantasy team last year and he killed it for me (League Champion!).  I actually almost picked him yesterday off the Free Agent list, but the leads that I have for both of my teams are insurmountable, so I didn't worry about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment