A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Friday, April 27, 2012

1st Trade

One of the reasons for starting this blog was to be able to share with other collectors and possibly make some deals.  While there are some things in the works, my first trade in... 15 years (maybe more?) was yesterday in my class.  One of my students brought me a Ryan Braun Upper Deck "Rookie Card of the Month" from 2007.  Not really a Braun fan at all, and can't say that the card is super awesome, but I thought it was cool that one of my kids thought to bring it to me.  He actually wanted to just give it to me, but I have a box of cards in my desk labeled by team, so I opened it up and gave him a card from the same team.  I tried to find something good, but the best one I could come up with was a Zack Grienke Topps card from last year.  He still seemed pretty stoked that I felt like giving him something in return for what he wanted to just give to me.

I guess I've just made the first Ryan Braun addition to my personal collection.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a teacher in Texas as well. I used to really enjoy trading cards with kids. I was mostly into football cards back then. The Pro Set cards were my target and I always gave 2 or 3 for one. Seemed like my students loved the Desert Storm set.

    Those were the days.

    ReplyDelete