A blog about baseball cards... and the Padres

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

1st post

When I was a kid, I had a 3rd grade teacher who would pass out baseball cards as a little motivation to keep us excited and participating in the class.  After that, I was pretty well hooked on baseball cards until i got into high school and got disinterested.

Now, I myself am a teacher and have started using one of the same tactics that worked so well on me.  After getting my old cards sent to me from my parents house, I also started picking up a few packs of "new" ones as well, and have slowly gotten back into the hobby.

I'm not a hardcore collector, but I do enjoy cards and am interested in seeing what everybody else collects.  I'm a San Diego Padres fan, and have been since I was born, so they're the team that I collect, along w/a few other players.  I also played catcher in Little League/Pony League, so I always like checking out cards of catchers in their gear, I think it's the the most important position on the field.  I'm not sure how often I'll have time to update this, but I figure it's worth trying out.

2 comments:

  1. Marcus,
    THRILLED to see that you started a blog!!! Good luck with it! Get it fun my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, I added you to my blogroll !

    ReplyDelete